Amsterdam




I fell in love with Amsterdam.


This post is well overdue, I've been meaning to write it for so long but with deleting my blog and starting over again I'm only just getting round to it. But hey, better late than never... right? I now feel that my first post back on my blog needs to be dedicated to this beautiful city.

I was actually lucky enough to have been sent to Amsterdam by Heart radio and cannot begin to thank them enough for the experience.

It was my first time in Amsterdam and I didn't have a clue what to expect. Before going people told me that I would have my eyes opened while I was there and that they didn't see me as much of an "Amsterdam person".
Honestly, this worried me so much, I thought that everyone, everywhere was going to be off their faces on drugs and prostitutes were going to be stood on every corner... I had a feeling that Amsterdam really wasn't going to be for me but I still really wanted to visit just so that I could say that I had been.
Thankfully this wasn't the experience I had and I loved every second of it.

Lets begin with transport. Our hotel was the Double Tree by Hilton Amsterdam- NDSM Wharf, this isn't central but is only a short FREE ferry away. This absolutely amazed us, people casually rode their bikes (or walked in our case) onto this ferry which just took us exactly where we needed to go.
When in the centre, our main mode of transportation was generally just to walk everywhere. It was a new city, we wanted to site see but once or twice we did catch the tram which was super easy to figure out and we did intend to hire bikes but didn't end up with enough time.

The hotel we stayed at was amazing, beyond amazing, I have no words for quite how amazing it was!  The room was insane, the views were absolutely beautiful and the staff where outstanding. Don't even get me started on how good the breakfast was. If you're planning a trip to Amsterdam, seriously consider the Double Tree by Hilton - NDSM Wharf, I can guarantee you'd be impressed.




As far as activities, we visited the Heineken museum, we did a canal tour and also visited the Anne Frank House.
The canal tour was beautiful, it took us all around Amsterdam telling us lots of facts and secrets about the city.
The Anne Frank house was the one thing I was desperate to see in Amsterdam being the absolute history nerd I am. It's safe to say that by visiting the Anne Frank House I gave myself a huge reality check, showed me how much we all take for granted but I'm sure I could write a whole blog post on that itself.
Of course we visited the red light district as you have to when you visit Amsterdam and it definitely was not what I expected. It is literally just women in their underwear trying to entice people in, some of them weren't even trying they'd be just stood on their phones.. we couldn't get over how casual the whole thing felt. We visited the museum of prostitution and I have to admit, I wasn't too impressed with a statement saying Justin Bieber slept with 10 prostitutes and payed them over $500. Heart. Broken.

Of course like on all little breaks we did do a little bit of shopping and maybe a drink or two.. (or maybe a couple more than that), but it was all super chill and relaxing.
I'd absolutely loveeeeeeee to go back and Amsterdam is now up there with Paris as one of my favourite cities in the world and I couldn't recommend it enough!

I'm absolutely kicking myself for not taking my proper camera and not taking the time to capture beautiful pictures but I guess I was living in the moment so please enjoy the few terrible quality photos I did manage to snap;


Thank you once again to Heart, it truly was amazing!

All my love,

Amy x

"Todays special moments are tomorrows memories"- Genie, Aladdin (The Return of Jafar)

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/18794391/?claim=ue9rwm8722k">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>





Comments

Popular Posts