2020 NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS

I closed my eyes for two minutes and apparently two years went by since I last wrote on my blog... yikes.
My last post was a 2017 round up and here we are doing 2020's New Years resolutions!
I promise, this time I'll stick around, I just read through a few of my old posts (and archived a couple due to extremely cringeworthy content) and realised that this has been the best outlet for positive moments throughout my life, I've been stupid to neglect it for so long.

As far as new years resolutions go I'm not entirely sure what they are. Are they goals? New habits? Hopes? Quitting bad habits? Are they all the same thing?
I'm not too sure but here are my 10 new years resolutions...

1. Cutting Down On Time Spent On Social Media
I spend a lot of time on social media. Probably most of my time. It's concerning. But I've realised this and therefor, for 2020 we're going to limit this. I've started by deleting Facebook, Insta, Snap and Twitter at least for January and we can just take it from there.

2. Graduate
I am determined to graduate! Going back to university was such a big step for me but I am going to so worth my time!

3. Shop Sustainably
This has been a big focus for me in 2019 but in 2020 I'm going to aim to make my wardrobe as sustainable as possible. This is definitely something I'd like to blog about.

4. Be Tidier
I can be messy... this year I'm going to be on it!!

5. Start Career
Once I've graduated, it is time to officially become an adult! Still in two minds on whether I want to start up my own brand or work for someone but I have a couple months to still figure that one out!

6. Make Lunch Every Day 
I spend sooooo much money on food when I'm at work or uni and it really needs to stop!! Lets eat a little healthier and save some pennies

7. Blog or Vlog
I've always wanted a YouTube channel but never had the confidence. Same with my blog to be honest, the weird thing is it's like I hear all the catty voices from girls from school in the back of my head and thats what puts me off. I left school 7 years ago.

8. Build Confidence
This is something I've wanted to build for some time now. Also relates to resolution 7 and 1.

9. Journal Again
I just think its nice to create something to look back upon.

10. Less Alcohol
I've never had an issue with drink but recently, I just haven't been enjoying it at all. We're going to start with "Dry January" and see where it takes us.

I think a big thing to think about when creating resolutions is to avoid sayings such as "I think..", "I'd like to..", in order to make them stick I think it is important to say "I will" or "I am going to". Make it a statement!!

If you got this far, thank you for reading!
I'd love to hear any of your resolutions too!

Lots of love,

Amy x
Heres to 2020!!!
Headband- F&F, Tesco
Necklace- Littlesmith
Blouse- Originally H&M but bought in Cancer Research

Comments

Popular Posts