2017 Round up

(DISCLAIMER- I just came on here to relaunch and maybe begin posting again and found this from 2 Years ago which went unposted... How on earth has it been that long?! I think my content is going to change a little from what it was but if I do decide to keep everything already on here I think this is a nice one to look back at)

HELLO 2018!!

I was so excited for this new year to begin. No words can describe the rollercoaster my which was my life throughout 2017 and I think towards the end I became super focused on the negatives rather than the positives!

I wanted to do a blog post dedicated to the great things that happened in 2017, so join me in a cup of tea and a few biscuits as we look back on the year I've had.

Night out early in the year



I entered the year on such a high! I was surrounded by people I love, I was home and for the first time in such a long time I was happy. I'm so grateful of that short period in my life... It made me realise how things can be good and not all is worth getting worked up about.

To put an end to this wonderful time, my beautiful Grandma sadly passed away. I know I said I would only focus on the positives but as much as we didn't want to see her go... I think she was ready and I was just so glad she wasn't in any pain anymore. Our hearts broke but I feel so fortunate to have been able to grow up with such an inspirational woman in my life.

One of my new years resolutions last year was to read more books. It sounds pathetic but before 2017  I think I had maybe read 2 books in the past two years for pleasure and not finished either of them. Again, pathetic, I know but I read 4 books this year. The 'Beauty and the Beast, twisted tales' book. I mean if i was going to get back into reading.. disney was the way, right? 
I finished the 'Girl Online' trilogy, Dodies 'Secrets for the Mad' (review coming soon) and 'The life changing magic of not giving a f**k'
I know it wasn't much but by reading these books, it reminded me how much I love to read and so my to read list is now as long as my arm for 2018.

Thinking about music, there is an endless list of songs that are going to remind me of 2017. 
"SHOUT OUT TO MY EX, YOU'RE REALLY QUITE THE MAN" probably being the main one.
I was incredibly lucky last year with the amount of acts I got to see live including; Adele, Justin Bieber, Dodie, Take That, Liam Fray and Gorillaz. 
I began listening to artists I'd never really given much time to before like Christian Akridge, Gabrielle Aplin and super randomly, Meatloaf.
We also can't forget how much I played the La la land soundtrack when it first came out! Like I've never been as obsessed with anything in my life!
Take That at the London O2

In my notes on 2017, I wrote a full section on my love life. I'm obviously not going to go into detail here as its probably not appropriate. BUT what I can say is I think I've learnt my lesson when it comes to guys and this year I will 100% be avoiding Tinder.

I've had so many crazy moments this year. I moved into my own flat with a friend. I restarted my blog. Began working at the Disney store and have been offered an opportunity to work in Disney World in Florida. I passed my driving test. Bleached my hair (lol, never again x). My dad proposed to his girlfriend and I room shared for 2 months.

I PASSED!!

Working at Disney honestly changed my life. I feel like I've made friends that are going to stay with me forever. My little Disney family never fail to put a smile on my face and I can't see what adventures we embark on for the remainder of my time in London.


Disney Fam slumber party and Winterwonderland



















If I'm completely honest though, the best thing that Disney and possibly 2017 gave to me was my lovely little pal Aaron. I've spoken in previous posts about how much he means to me and how he's one of my most important pals but honestly I couldn't imagine life without him. 

Thank you for being a brilliant person!! You're so loved!!

My fave person of 2017

I spent a good two months sharing my tiny, little bedroom with my old friend Jess. We spent almost every day having "wine and work" time and then to the end of her stay ended up photo shooting for one anothers uni projects. Jess was with me when I had a minor meltdown and helped me chop off all my hair in my kitchen (WHY DID I DO THIS?!)
On our mini photoshoot


As grateful as I am to have made all these new amazing friends I do still have my pals back home that I love so incredibly much and although I have lost friends I'm definitely thankful for all the people that have remained around me.

A cold, rapped up Cinderella and A tipsy Princess Belle at my 20th Birthday
Milkshake date with Amaani and Nathan


To round this up I want to talk a little about my christmas time. I can easily say that this was one of the best christmases I've ever had. I convinced my dad to allow us to invite the family over for christmas day which meant I got to spend the quality time I always want with the kids in the family and then for boxing day (after having a quick drive round to a bunch of parties), I went out with two of my crazy ladies and had the best night out.. although I did break my toe.

Foz and Flan getting festive
Boxing Day with Becky and Helen


Working in retail brought me back to London to bring in the new year and it was an absolutely amazing night.. up until around 3am... but thats a whole other story.

It may have been full of broken hearts, broken iPhones and broken toes...
But all in all, 2017 wasn't the worst year in the world and I'm praying that 2018 is simply the best.

Thank you for reading!

All the best for the new year,

Amy x


Comments

Popular Posts