DRESSING FOR BOYS
| Pink to make the boys wink |
So I may have slipped off myself set schedule of posting at least weekly. However, I have had a huge amount of university work to do which I have prioritised.
I am hoping this new found time with being in lockdown may allow me to find more time to blog and I have so many ideas.
Now, I wanted to talk about how to dress for boys. How to dress to impress and what you should and shouldn't be wearing to attract the man of your dreams.
My first and only tip for this is DON'T!!
DO NOT DRESS FOR MEN. EVER. JUST DON'T DO IT.
If you clicked on this for actual outfit ideas and advice, please stick around for this one. I swear, I have been in your position and trust me, I know it well and truly sucks.
I don't know how I would describe my style. I have had people call me "quirky" sometimes even "trendy" but to me I really think it just depends on the day.
I think sometimes I dress super girly in little dresses and do my hair all nice then the next day you'll catch me in a boiler suit and docs with my hair in a scruffy bun keeping things super casual and comfy.
However you describe my style now, it certainly wasn't like this a couple of years ago. My every day outfit was 3 quarter length jeans, converse and a t-shirt. A classic outfit which I still wear today but when I say I wore this every day... I mean EVERY SINGLE DAY. All because the guy I liked at the time made a tiny comment about what I was wearing one day.
A simple comment that was probably forgotten minutes after it was said turned me into a drab dresser for almost two years and I refuse to allow anyone to feel the way I did ever again.
I'm guessing you're dying to find out what he said. It was honestly pathetic and I probably took it way to much to heart.
I had on a striped t-shirt with a dungaree dress and he asked me if I was a farmer... I laughed and told him it was a dress to which he replied "Oh, thank God!! I thought it was like actual dungarees and you'd be planting carrots in my garden".
This was the day I parted with my favourite dungarees (RIP -I miss you). Slowly I got sick of little comments like these and became someone who wore nothing but T-shirts and Jeans.
Thankfully, I've grown out of caring what people think of what I'm wearing.
Think I'm here to fix a tap in my boiler suit? HELL YEAH I AM
Are they pyjamas? MAYBE
Now, I get excited about what I wear every day. I feel that it is exciting to own bright and beautiful clothing that deserve the chance to be worn!
I am absolutely heartbroken that I got rid of so many gorgeous vintage pieces that I know I would still be wearing now!!
So when it comes to dressing for boys, don't.
Dress for you, always.
As always, thank you for reading.
Lots of love,
Amy x
Dress- Asos (was originally a maxi from 2 years ago but I cut it to knee length)
Shoes- Primark


Comments
Post a Comment