I Moved!

Hello there!

I kinda mentioned this in my previous post but I MOVED!!

I'm still a lost northerner wandering around London, just a completely new place and I am SO excited!
For those of you that don't know, I study at London College of Fashion which campus is spread out all over central London (zone 1). For my first year here I lived a 20 minute walk away from uni which was perfect but expensive because of location. For some stupid reason, last year we decided to live in Wembley (zone 4) which made it between 30 mins to an hour tube journey to class and because we stayed in private student halls, it wasn't much cheaper. But we no longer have to worry about this because we moved back central, YEY!!!

After spending the past two years in student accommodation it feels so weird to finally have our own little flat and I just love it so much! We've made it so homey and now our flat comes complete with its own cat shrine, awesome, yes, I know!
Although our flat is nice, homey and quite clearly ours I have to admit when we first moved in, it wasn't all fun and games.

This was the first time I'd ever been flat hunting. I've heard looking for flats in general is hard but in London it's supposed to be the most stressful thing ever, I 100% have to agree with this. Don't do it. EVER.
We visited about 7 flats in one day, chose one and had our deposit down within 2 days. Pre-warning if you are considering moving to the big smoke, the deposits are far from cheap. So is the rent

We're definitely living in one of the cheaper flats on the market and oh boy can you tell. Don't get me wrong, our flat is lovely now but when we first moved in, we had a smelly bathroom, 4 manky toasters and a terrible paint job. (Okay, so the paint job is still awful but thats what bunting and fairy lights are for right?) Our flat probably shouldn't even be called a flat, lets go with cupboard instead. Our cupboard consists of 2 medium sized bedrooms, a tiny bathroom and a kitchen you can probably just squeeze your arm into.
I should probably stop being so dramatic but I'm so used to having space, this is weird. I will admit we are incredibly lucky with the amount of natural light we get in here though, especially for London. Got to save on those electricity bills, right?

Our kitchen and hallway are all about the cats, bunting and fairy lights. For my room so far, I've tried to go for a kinda minimalist, Beauty and the Beast kind of theme. It's working, and is feeling so cosy now! I'd love to post photos but I'm still getting there with how I'd like it.
Would you like a blog post on how I've decorated my room when I'm done?

As always, I hope you've enjoyed my post. Have you got any tips on how to decorate a small rented flat without making any damage? I'd love to hear them.

Love

Amy x

"I look at you and I'm home"- Finding Nemo

Comments

Popular Posts