Zoella Book Review

Hey there!
Firstly, I'd like to apologise for my absence over the past week! I really want my blog to be a regular thing and trust me I have LOTS of ideas but I've been super busy at work and promised myself I wouldn't stress over this.
I decided I'd like to do a lil blog post dedicated to the Girl Online books by Zoe Sugg (aka Zoella) due to the paper backs recently coming out. Anyone who knows me, knows watching Zoella on youtube is my absolute guilty pleasure. I can't help it, from vlogs to hauls I just find the whole Zoella world SO interesting.
I was given the first book last year as a gift and honestly, it sat under my bed, unread for months on end. I think I expected it to be a biography or something I wouldn't care much for. When I go on holiday I always take two books, one that will be my main read and the second for if I finish it before the holiday has ended.
I finished my first book in Greece and reluctantly moved on to the first book in the Girl Online series.
I finished it in a day!!!
I was hooked! The characters stole my heart straight away and their adventures where just so exciting. It honestly took me by complete surprise how obsessed I became over the story of Noah and Penny and I JUST WANTED MORE!
Thankfully, the second book was out and I managed to pick it up in the airport on the way home. I felt like 'Girl Online On Tour' addressed Pennys struggles with anxiety a lot more than the first and was SHOOK with the twist on their love story. Although we'd all love a rockstar boyfriend (as unrealistic as that is.. sighhhhhh), this book definitely made the story a little more believable and I definitely feel like I was on the same level as Penny with the rollercoaster of feelings towards Noah and the situation.
I was absolutely DYINGGG to read Girl Online Going Solo but with university I had no time. I read this in broken parts and only managed to finish it in the past month or so but I am sooo glad I got through it as out of all 3 its definitely been my favourite!
Theres a couple new characters (such as Posey) in this book and at first I struggled getting to like them as I wasn't constantly reading like I was the previous two but the twists absolutely got me! I was actually on a coach home and there was a part where Noah surprised Penny and I was in so much shock I literally was looking around, gobsmacked for someone to talk to about this!
PLEASE, IF YOU'VE READ THIS TALK TO ME ABOUT THESE TWISTS! PLEASE!!
I know theres been some speculation over whether Zoe actually wrote these books but please don't let this put you off reading them! They're absolutely brilliant, all three of them! I think it'd probably be best if you read the whole series from the start to get a sense of the characters but thats not to say it'd be impossible to catch up from the second or third.
Young Adult books are generally my favourites to read! I hope I don't get "too old" for them any time soon, but with saying that, are we ever "too old" for anything?
Thank you for reading. Please get into conversation with me about this if you've read!
Lots of love,
Amy x


Comments
Post a Comment